Microsoft Excel 2010 Hyperion Essbase Addon RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am just about to start sequencing Hyperion Essbase for Excel 2010 and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on the best way to do this and/or if anyone had any tips on sequencing Excel Addins in general?

Our Office 2010 installation is on our base build and is therefore not virtualised. Does this make Dynamic Suite Composition impossible in this instance for linking Excel to my Addins?

I was going to just perform a sequence of installing Hyperion on top of my base build. How do I then ensure that users who need Hyperion get Excel with Hyperion and users who don't need Hyperion only get Excel? I guess this will be controlled though AD Groups so I'm not too worried about that come to think of it. But, let's say I'm a Hyperion user and I run the Excel shortcut - I get Excel with Hyperion but what if I'm a Hyperion user who needs another Add-in? How do I ensure that they get each Add-in?

Will I need to sequence Excel 2010 so I can then perform DSC? I have a feeling I may need to brush up on my Dynamic Suite Composition as also wonder how Java works in terms of IE etc..

As you can tell I'm new to this so unsure where to go next.

Thanks

Monday, March 26, 2012 9:33 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Since you do not have a main-application with Office virtualized, there is nothing to link it to.

I suggest reading this article;
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932137
    The same scenario as described under "What do I do if I have to sequence an MMC snap-in or an Internet Explorer plug-in?" should apply to you.

How to ensure that user get the plugin they need depends on your distribution method - so the question is; how will you distribute virtualized applications?
    If a user wants another add-in - you can either distribute it natively or using another virtual package.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Monday, March 26, 2012 9:49 AM