Feedback Hub disabled. Diagnostics and usage data setting hidden. RRS feed

• Question

• It's infamous "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization" message again.

First of all - admit it: it's a bug. My PC is not a part of a domain, it's my own PC managed entirely by me as an administrative user. The message is however partially true. Some settings are indeed hidden and they shouldn't be. I've seen this message on more than one "Windows 10" computer, of course non-domain account. There are countless questions asked around the web about this message, asked by people not using domain accounts. It's a bug and we all ask about a fix or a workaround.

No, I didn't use Group Policy Editor tool, I haven't set any group policy in my system. It is NOT it, resetting group policy doesn't work, because there's nothing to reset here.

Nothing I found on Internet from the last 3 months helps. Try to answer the question WHY do some systems falsely detect they have some features disabled with a group policy while it's not true?

Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you let us know the detailed information about your problem.

Where did you see the "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization" message? What's symptom when you attempt to launch the Feedback Hub app?

Please run gpresult /h C:\gpresport command to generate the group policy report to double confirm if any policy configured.

In addition, check if you configure this registry entry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Siuf\Rules
    "NumberOfSIUFInPeriod"=dword:00000000

If yes, delete "NumberOfSIUFInPeriod" value.

registry-based policy stored in the these location, please check if there are some configuration:

Implementing Registry-based Policy

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa374292%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 17, 2017 7:16 AM