SCOM 2012 Client push issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having an issue with my SCOM 2012 deployment. It was setup about 3 months with a  number of agents installed on client machines via the push method. Recently I have been trying to install the client on some new servers however when I go through the discovery wizard process, Windows Device, Advanced discovery and select a single machine the discovery starts but sits on the Discovery in Progress page indefinitely until I cancel it.

few things.

1. I have tried on multiple servers (2008r2 and 2012), firewall is, ping connectivity,, DNs is fine.

the scom server has also been restarted. What I can I do to trouble shoot this issue. the app and sys logs are clear.

thanks

Monday, October 28, 2013 3:58 PM

Answers

• Usually this happens because the SQL Service Broker isn't Enabled, here's how you fix it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941409

Thanks,

Deepak

• Marked as answer by A R PATEL Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:55 AM
    Monday, October 28, 2013 4:45 PM
  • Hi,

Pls run the below query against the Opsmgr DB

SELECT is_broker_enabled FROM sys.databases WHERE name = 'OperationsManager'

If it is 0 then Enable it by running the below query.

ALTER DATABASE OperationsManager SET ENABLE_BROKER

If the above scenario is not applicable then try restarting sdk service . It will break all the deadlocks in discovery if present.

Thanks

Priyabrata

• Proposed as answer by PriyabrataSethi Monday, October 28, 2013 7:10 PM
    Monday, October 28, 2013 7:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

SCOM 2012 – Discovery Wizard running forever

http://blog.scomfaq.ch/2012/05/02/scom-2012-discovery-wizard-running-forever/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, October 28, 2013 4:15 PM
  • Usually this happens because the SQL Service Broker isn't Enabled, here's how you fix it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941409

Thanks,

Deepak

Monday, October 28, 2013 4:45 PM
  • Hi,

Pls run the below query against the Opsmgr DB

SELECT is_broker_enabled FROM sys.databases WHERE name = 'OperationsManager'

If it is 0 then Enable it by running the below query.

ALTER DATABASE OperationsManager SET ENABLE_BROKER

If the above scenario is not applicable then try restarting sdk service . It will break all the deadlocks in discovery if present.

Thanks

Priyabrata

• Proposed as answer by PriyabrataSethi Monday, October 28, 2013 7:10 PM
    Monday, October 28, 2013 7:09 PM