Exch 2007: Unable to move items between public folders if destination has folder assistant rules RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting an error when I try to move or copy a mail message from a public folder to another public folder if the destination has folder assistant rules setup. The error is "Cannot move the items. The item cannot not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied."

It fails, even if the rule is turned off or does not apply to the email being copied. As soon as the rule is deleted, I can once again move the email to that folder. 

Server: Exchange 2007; clients tried: Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007

Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From your description, you need to check the following:

<1>In Exchange 2007, you can copy and move public folders only within the same public folder tree. You can’t copy or move a public folder to a different tree. So, you need to make sure they are in the same public folder tree, which you can refer to the link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd553036.aspx

<2>Check the result after you disable or delete the folder assistant rule of the destination public folder

Hope it helps. If you encounter any difficulties, please let us know.

Thanks

Sophia Xu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:32 AM
    Friday, December 23, 2011 6:04 AM