none
Incident Management & Reporting Incidents in Sharepoint Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using office 365 version of sharepoint and i am looking for a solution to help me and 3 of my colleague create and  track incidents.

Ideally any of us can raise a incident and assign to either one of us along with priority.

Then also finally to produce a chart with statistics for reporting requirements.

Could anyone kindly point me into right direction on how to set this up and how difficult the process might be.

I have found for older version a sharepoint a specific guide but unfortunatly can't seem to find anything for the latest version -

interfacett.com/blogs/itl-incident-managment-with-sharepoint-2010-using-sharepoint-2010-designer-workflows/

Monday, October 22, 2018 11:04 AM

All replies

• If this is a really simple initiative with only internal team members accessing it, you can use a simple custom list or event the incidents list. Go to add an app and select Issue Tracking. It has many prebuilt fields that you requested and sends an email to the assigned user.

As for reporting, SharePoint doesn't do that out of the box, but you can combine SharePoint with Excel to accomplish this. You'll want to use the list you create as a data source and then you can build pivot tables and charts from that. Here's a useful guide: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/excel_services__powerpivot_for_sharepoint_support_blog/2013/07/11/excel-services-using-a-sharepoint-list-as-a-data-source/

Andy Wessendorf | Solution Foundry andy.wessendorf@solutionfoundry.com

Monday, October 22, 2018 3:33 PM