Intellitype privileges issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've been using a MS Sidewinder keyboard with the Intellitype software and I got my macro keys assigned and working fine. However if a program is right-clicked and "run as admin" then the macro buttons will not work.

Now I know I can work around this issue by running itype.exe itself "as admin" on startup and it will allow me to use the macro keys in admin-run programs. But this will then disable the keys in non-admin-run programs.

Huh, I hope this makes sense to somebody. :) So, is there a way to have the macro keys working in both scenarios at the same time, i.e. in programs I run normally and also in programs I "run as admin"?

Thanks!

Saturday, December 10, 2011 8:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For hardware questions, please ask here: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/support

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Regards,

Miya

Miya Yao

TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 12, 2011 3:13 AM
  • Hi,

first of all this is really an application-level question, not a hardware one. It concerns the intellitype software.

Second, the link you gave me lists none of my neighboring countries to call for hardware support. I am in Slovakia.

Can you help any further? Thanks!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:58 AM
  • Hi globalistas, have you changed your keyboard by now? I know that 10 months passed by but I faced this problem and solved it.

I just bought a Natural 4000 keyboard; hotkeys and custom mapping did not work when I was on Steam, which I run with administrative privilege.

To get it working you must configure a new scheduled task according to the replies in this post:

http://superuser.com/questions/46/elevated-priviliges-for-startup-applications-in-vista/190#190

It will run with both programs, administrator and normal user.

Ask me if you have any trouble.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 6:45 PM