Exchange 2016: Unable to change Database Maintenance Schedule RRS feed

• Question

• HI

I recently installed Exchange 2016 into a 2010 environment, and currently running side by side until all mailboxes are migrated.

I am logged in as an Organization Management User, if i open EAC and  try change the DB Maintenance Limit i get the following Error:

Your Request couldn't be completed.  Please try again in a few minutes

The event viewer has this error:

Source: MSExchange Control Panel

EventID: 5

Current user: 'Domain.Domain.com/Admin/People/Employees/IT/Firstname Surname (Admin)'
    Web service call 'https://Server.Domain.Domain.com:444/ecp/DDI/DDIService.svc/SetObject?ActivityCorrelationID=bd91a478-d4e3-def1-067e-cd6c7aec7c2f&schema=Databases&msExchEcpCanary=j2vY3DJF-06KJ4fnXmzCI3D0heJVFdUI8Xc_peH5p7X0v5dMG2AeRezkmjNn_mog3-RYvPrKb_0.(https://localhost/ecp/DDI/DDIService.svc/SetObject?ActivityCorrelationID=bd91a478-d4e3-def1-067e-cd6c7aec7c2f&schema=Databases&msExchEcpCanary=j2vY3DJF-06KJ4fnXmzCI3D0heJVFdUI8Xc_peH5p7X0v5dMG2AeRezkmjNn_mog3-RYvPrKb_0.)' failed with the following error:
    System.NotSupportedException: CopyTo

I can send Full error log if required

Thanks

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:52 PM

Answers

• HI

I recently installed Exchange 2016 into a 2010 environment, and currently running side by side until all mailboxes are migrated.

I am logged in as an Organization Management User, if i open EAC and  try change the DB Maintenance Limit i get the following Error:

Current user: 'Domain.Domain.com/Admin/People/Employees/IT/Firstname Surname (Admin)'
    Web service call 'https://Server.Domain.Domain.com:444/ecp/DDI/DDIService.svc/SetObject?ActivityCorrelationID=bd91a478-d4e3-def1-067e-cd6c7aec7c2f&schema=Databases&msExchEcpCanary=j2vY3DJF-06KJ4fnXmzCI3D0heJVFdUI8Xc_peH5p7X0v5dMG2AeRezkmjNn_mog3-RYvPrKb_0.(https://localhost/ecp/DDI/DDIService.svc/SetObject?ActivityCorrelationID=bd91a478-d4e3-def1-067e-cd6c7aec7c2f&schema=Databases&msExchEcpCanary=j2vY3DJF-06KJ4fnXmzCI3D0heJVFdUI8Xc_peH5p7X0v5dMG2AeRezkmjNn_mog3-RYvPrKb_0.)' failed with the following error:

Thanks

Not supported and the maintenance schedule is ignored now anyway. Its handled by workflows.

Why the need to mess with it?

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 3:23 PM
  • Hi Hussain,

Agree with Andy.

I did tests both in Exchage 2013 and 2016 and reproduce your issue.

And I found that we could set the maintenance schedule both in EMC and EMS in Exchange 2010. 

Actually, we could find a explanation in the TN article Set-MailboxDatabase for Exchange 2013 and 2016, let us see the parameter MaintenanceSchedule

This parameter has been deprecated and is no longer used.
    Although you can use this parameter to change the MaintenanceSchedule property of the database, the value is ignored.

Sorry for any inconvenience and hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Manu Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by Hussain Ugradar Wednesday, October 18, 2017 9:53 AM
    • Edited by Manu Meng Wednesday, October 18, 2017 9:53 AM
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 9:49 AM

All replies

• HI

Thanks

Not supported and the maintenance schedule is ignored now anyway. Its handled by workflows.

Why the need to mess with it?

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 3:23 PM
  • i did not know that!

Do i need to change anything for schedules then? any flows?

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 3:31 PM
  • i did not know that!

Do i need to change anything for schedules then? any flows?

nope, just let Exchange do its thing!
    Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:00 PM
  • Hi Hussain,

Agree with Andy.

I did tests both in Exchage 2013 and 2016 and reproduce your issue.

And I found that we could set the maintenance schedule both in EMC and EMS in Exchange 2010. 

Actually, we could find a explanation in the TN article Set-MailboxDatabase for Exchange 2013 and 2016, let us see the parameter MaintenanceSchedule

This parameter has been deprecated and is no longer used.
    Although you can use this parameter to change the MaintenanceSchedule property of the database, the value is ignored.

Sorry for any inconvenience and hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Manu Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by Hussain Ugradar Wednesday, October 18, 2017 9:53 AM
    • Edited by Manu Meng Wednesday, October 18, 2017 9:53 AM
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 9:49 AM