Internet Explorer 11 in business environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Everyone,

I am a system engineer at for a Credit Union and can't figure this out for the life of me. So at the start of the week we've had more and more users come to us saying that Internet Explorer isn't letting them into anything. Well some users of course exaggerate or I went to investigate myself, and it is exactly what they're saying.

Clickable buttons within IE 11 are not functioning properly. Anything with a web based login you cant actually click. Even some normal links are not functioning properly and we have no idea what the issue could be.

Troubleshooting I've done:

-Cleared cookies, history, cache, SSL state.

-Reset Internet Explorer to default settings

-Uninstalled IE 11 / Reinstalled IE 11

-Ran: SFC /scannow

-Ran: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

-Searched through update history for IE updates. Confirmed the latest update (KB3175443) was installed on the machine. This update is also installed on my machine where IE 11 is working properly.

-Tried to reinstall that latest update just in case something was corrupt in it.

- Investigated into a possible profile issue, but it doesn't matter who logs onto the workstation, it does the same thing and the user can go to another workstation and everything works fine. 

-Malware / Virus scans come up clean on the machines

-Java... I tried this one out of the blue on one workstation. Tried updating it and it just hung there. Uninstalled it. Tried to install a new client on it and it just hung there and wouldn't install it.  This lead me to believe its just a bad copy of windows and I should do a reinstall, but its very odd that 4 workstations (so far) have come to me this week alone. 

As a side note we thought this was an 8.1 problem, but then a windows 7 box showed up last night with the same symptoms.

So again, this started off with one user on Monday morning and through-out the week we've been getting more and more. It seems like its either spreading or people are finally getting sick of not being able to login to anything or click some links.

As a work around right now I have Chrome installed on the workstations and everything works.  

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance!

Monday, August 22, 2016 8:32 PM

Answers

• Hi CJ Crawford,

In addition, I suggest that we could try boot in Clean Boot to avoid the effects of third party software and temporarily turn off security software. Then we could try open IE in no add-on mode to check.

Also we could try reset the Host file back to the default to check. Please refer to the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/972034

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 9:39 AM