none
Disable on-site Exchange in preparing for hosted exchange question RRS feed

• Question

• So, I'm in the process of moving from an on-site Exchange 2007 to a hosted Exchange at AppRiver.  I've successfully exported everyone's mailbox to PST file.  Now, I'm ready to setup everyone's new account in their Outlook to point to the hosted exchange.  I don't believe I can have two exchange accounts per profile on Outlook (at least Outlook wouldn't let me do this).

My question is this:  If I do create a new profile for the user, and go to setup exchange, it'll still find my on-site exchange.  how can I turn this off so I can setup new profiles for the hosted exchange - BUT....be able to access my on-site exchange through the mgt console or the powershell in case I need to do anything else.  I don't want to remove the on-site exchange until I know everything is going smooth w/the hosted exchange.

So, how can I do this?  I can setup the hosted exchange manually, but that takes the fun out of using auto discovery (and I have no auto discovery on my local DNS).

Thank you

Sunday, August 18, 2013 5:09 AM

Answers

• Thanks.  I actually found a regedit online that would disable to autodiscover to my on-site exchange, and let autodiscover go out on the Internet and find where it should be pointing (to my hosting company) so I'm now able to setup Outlook profiles w/out Outlook looking at my on-site Exchange.
    • Marked as answer by Steve S3CC Monday, August 19, 2013 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 12:00 AM

All replies

• Outlook 2010 allow you to have multiple accounts in the same profile.

If you're going to use multiple profiles you just have to configure them manually instead of allowing AutoDiscover to do it for you.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Sunday, August 18, 2013 11:58 PM
  • Thanks.  I actually found a regedit online that would disable to autodiscover to my on-site exchange, and let autodiscover go out on the Internet and find where it should be pointing (to my hosting company) so I'm now able to setup Outlook profiles w/out Outlook looking at my on-site Exchange.
    • Marked as answer by Steve S3CC Monday, August 19, 2013 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 12:00 AM