Mapped Drive showing as disconnected but files are still accessible. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a NAS (WD My Cloud) on my home network and I have always added a drive on my networked computers using drive M as their Music drives. But recently My Network drive went down and I had to reinstall all the files on it's replacement drive. I gave the new network drive4 the same IP address on the network and everything else (All the other drive mappings for my Documents Drive, my Downloads drive, my Pictures drive, etc. Nut my music drive keeps showing Disconnected Network Drive. But now I cannot delete the drive mapping. It tells me Network drive does not exist. I have tried all of the suggestions from other threads including using Command prompt commands and everything else I have seen but it still shows up as a Disconnected Network drive. I can rename the drive as Music again and I can always access the drive4 even when it is listed as Disconnected Network Drive but I cannot add any more files to it and I cannot manipulate any of the files on the drive. I can listen to the music files through most of my players but I cannot edit any of the metadata on the files. How do I get my drive fully functional again?

"Great spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds." (Albert Einstein)

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 9:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in this forum.

What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

If it is version 1809, I would suggest that you can try the method provided in the article below.

For your reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4471218/mapped-network-drive-may-fail-to-reconnect-in-windows-10-version-1809

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Abby

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:25 AM
  • Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-mapped-drives-not-working-in-windows-10-v1809

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP. 

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Thursday, August 22, 2019 7:42 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Abby

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:03 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best regards,

Abby

Monday, September 2, 2019 9:18 AM