Shutdown Windows in specific time. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello .

I write a local policy for my Windows 7 that call "shutdown.exe" with "/s /t 3600" parameter but it can't worked properly :/ and my system can't shutdown at specific time.

My Windows use Kaspersky Antivirus too, Can my antivirus blocked it? If my system become Standby then my policy not worked? 

Please tell me how can I write a rule for shutdown my system at 7:00 PM everyday.

Thank you.

Saturday, August 29, 2015 3:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Geek,

Thank you for your question. 

Please try to replace “/s /t 3600” to “-s –t 3600” to check if the issue persist.

If not, we could refer to the following link do a schedule to shutdown computer:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/how-to-schedule-computer-to-shut-down-at-a-certain/800ed207-f630-480d-8c92-dff2313c193b 

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Geek,

Please try to replace “/s /t 3600” to “-s –t 3600” to check if the issue persist.

If not, we could refer to the following link do a schedule to shutdown computer:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/how-to-schedule-computer-to-shut-down-at-a-certain/800ed207-f630-480d-8c92-dff2313c193b 

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 6:42 AM
  • Hi Geek,

Best Regard,

Jim

Jim Xu

Thanks, But schedule just work for Windows 7 in a domain network and not worked for Window XP SP3.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 8:08 AM
  • Hi Geek,

Windows XP is out of support, so we suggest you upgrade it to Windows 7 or later.

Best Regard,

Jim

Jim Xu

Saturday, September 5, 2015 3:52 AM
  • Hi Geek,

Windows XP is out of support, so we suggest you upgrade it to Windows 7 or later.

Best Regard,

Jim

Jim Xu

OK.

In Windows 7 when I want to create an schedule, It need a user for export "shutdown" command but I must select a username from Active directory. When many users use a computer then which user i must choose? 

I want my system shutdown in specific time via any username.

Thank you.

Sunday, September 6, 2015 7:23 AM
  • Hi Geek,

In order to avoid confusion and keep track of troubleshooting steps, we usually troubleshoot one issue per thread in order to find a resolution efficiently. Concerning your other question, I suggest we create a new post via:

Best Regard,

Jim

Jim Xu

Monday, September 7, 2015 1:18 AM