Failing Over to Target SCR Server RRS feed

• Question

• I need to do a test for a SCR fail over on a small storage group. One of the step is to update user's AD objects so that they point to the new mailbox db location by issuing the "get-mailbox -database "exchsource\exedb" where {$_.ObjectClass -Notmatch ' ............." command.

The problem is that it is a production environment and I cannot afford to make any mistakes. I am not quite confident to issue the command above worrying that other storage groups will be affected. I wonder if I can use tools such as ADSI Edit to change this path manually one by one. I can't locate the place where I can change this path using ADSI Edit.

Thanks in Advance
    Tuesday, June 23, 2015 4:11 AM

Answers

• Testing SCR activation is not easy, that's for sure.  You almost have to build a lab.

You should upgrade to Exchange 2013, whose DAG makes a DR rest far easier.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, July 6, 2015 9:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Allen_WangJF Tuesday, July 7, 2015 1:59 AM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2015 4:43 AM
  • Hi,

We recommend create lab to test SCR failover as Ed mentioned.
    Meanwhile, I find an article about Testing SCR in a Production Environment, for your reference:
    http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2007/high-availability-recovery/testing-scr-production-environment-part1.html

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 8:52 AM

All replies

• Testing SCR activation is not easy, that's for sure.  You almost have to build a lab.

You should upgrade to Exchange 2013, whose DAG makes a DR rest far easier.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, July 6, 2015 9:36 AM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2015 4:43 AM
  • Hi,

We recommend create lab to test SCR failover as Ed mentioned.
    Meanwhile, I find an article about Testing SCR in a Production Environment, for your reference:
    http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2007/high-availability-recovery/testing-scr-production-environment-part1.html

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 8:52 AM