New user desktop created after logon RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are using Vista Business Edition in a Domain environment. After updated our domain server today, one Vista machine logged on and a new account was created for them. They already had an account on that machine. I logged in as admin and checked the users. I found two accounts:

username

username.domain

I tried deleting the "username" but now I cannot log on to either account. How can I get this machine to use the account "username.domain"?

Thank you for any help!

Albert

Albert S
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are your meaning that it creates a temporary user (TMP)?

If this is the case, please refer to the following KB article:

A temporary profile is loaded after you log on to a Windows Vista-based system

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Albert S Monday, November 21, 2011 5:20 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 9:16 AM

All replies

• OK, There was a good restore point, so I logged on as administrator and ran the restore. That let me log back on to the correct account.

Now the questions are:

1) How can I get rid of the new account "username" that was created

2) How can I prevent Vista from creating a new "username" account after I run the update again.

Thank you for any help!

Albert

Albert S
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:08 PM
  • Hi,

Are your meaning that it creates a temporary user (TMP)?

If this is the case, please refer to the following KB article:

A temporary profile is loaded after you log on to a Windows Vista-based system

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Albert S Monday, November 21, 2011 5:20 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 9:16 AM
  • OK, thanks. That did the trick of removing the temp account. I will try to apply the MS updates again. I will post back if any more problems.

Thank you!

Albert S.

Albert S
    Monday, November 21, 2011 5:20 PM
  • Actully, it created a new account with the same name:

So there are now two accounts:

users\alberts.domainname

&

users\alberts

So even when the user wants to logon to the domain, they are actually only logging on to users\alberts and not the domain.

Thank you,

Albert S.

Albert S
    Monday, November 21, 2011 5:23 PM