How do I Create a New Library and put in Public so All Users can Access it? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I need to create a Folder that will have Dynamic Folders (always changing) inside it. I can not use a shortcut. So I think a Library would work fine. Issue i have is that I need all users of that computer to access it and all users of a OU to access it. It it easy to create under the one user, but to have it as a folder on the C: drive for all to use, not sure how to do that...I don't want to have to put it in each users Library.
    • Edited by vaccarom Thursday, February 7, 2019 9:32 PM
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 6:11 PM

All replies

• Hi vaccarom,

You could use Public Folder to share with others users in the same computer. You can refer to the article and lock to 'How to share using the public folder'.

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Meanwhile, If you want to use Library, you could add the Public or subfolders to the library through the 'Include in library'.

You could also create the new folder in the public or new library in the Library.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 8, 2019 6:28 AM
  • Hi Calvin, I believe that a Public Folder will Not work for me because the folders are going to be changing. And once they are put in the Public Folder they become static. But I believe that Libraries will allow me to see the changes in the folders. My question is how do other users on the computer see 'Public Libraries'? I already took off 'Hidden', but I don't know how users access the 'Public Library...
    Friday, February 8, 2019 3:09 PM
  • Hi vaccarom,

Based on test, other users on the same computer have no access to new 'Public Library' in addition to original four folders: public Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos. Meanwhile, these four public library are related to the four subfolders in the Public. If Public Folders  don't work for you, I guess the Libraries would not work too.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 11, 2019 2:27 AM