KMS product keys added successfully using slmgr /ipk, but not showing up when I slmgr /dlv RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts, I am having some trouble with Office 2016 and Office 2013 KMS activation. 

When I open command prompt as an administrator, and run cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /ipk <my key here>, it shows key installed successfully. But when I run the slmgr /dlv > output.txt , all I can see in the text file is an entry for Windows Server. In the past, I have ran this command at a previous company and it displayed Office 15 and Office 16 because Office 2013 and Office 2016 keys were added. Any idea why the KMS keys are showing up? Do I need to activate them or wait a while until clients use them ?

Thursday, October 18, 2018 3:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you want to check the Office license status on current computer, we can use the following scripts:

1. Open command prompt as an administrator.
    2. For Office 2013, type the following command:
      cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office15\"ospp.vbs /dstatus
      If you are running 32-bit Office 2013 on a 64-bit operating system, the script is: 
      cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office15\"ospp.vbs /dstatus
    3. For Office 2016, using the following command:
      cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\"ospp.vbs /dstatus
      If you are running 32-bit Office 2016 on a 64-bit operating system, the script is: 
      cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office16\"ospp.vbs /dstatus

Check the License Status, you can also share the results here and we can help you to check it.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by tekknyne Friday, October 19, 2018 2:35 PM
    Friday, October 19, 2018 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to check the Office license status on current computer, we can use the following scripts:

1. Open command prompt as an administrator.
    2. For Office 2013, type the following command:
      cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office15\"ospp.vbs /dstatus
      If you are running 32-bit Office 2013 on a 64-bit operating system, the script is: 
      cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office15\"ospp.vbs /dstatus
    3. For Office 2016, using the following command:
      cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\"ospp.vbs /dstatus
      If you are running 32-bit Office 2016 on a 64-bit operating system, the script is: 
      cscript.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office16\"ospp.vbs /dstatus

Check the License Status, you can also share the results here and we can help you to check it.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by tekknyne Friday, October 19, 2018 2:35 PM
    Friday, October 19, 2018 9:10 AM
  • Thanks Winnie. I think that did the trick. I can see running the /dstatus command that clients are now activating against our KMS server so everything is working.
    Friday, October 19, 2018 2:36 PM