none
conexant audio driver issue when creating image in mdt

Question

• every time I try to create an image on a computer that has conexant audio; the process always hangs on sysprep.  I have to uninstall the conexant audio driver for it to go through; and that process is very painful due to the driver trying to reinstall automatically; it takes several tries for me to finally get the image created.  has anyone else encountered this issue and found  solution.  I'm using using microsoft deployment workbench version 6.3.8443.1000.  thanks in advance
    Friday, June 15, 2018 5:15 PM

All replies

• Its recommended to use VMs to create your image. Either import the driver for the deployment phase or install the driver as a application.
    Sunday, June 24, 2018 4:58 PM
  • I too have had issues capturing sysprep using MDT 8450 and fresh Windows 10 Pro 1709 ISO from Microsoft with the Conexant Audio Driver present. I should add that I am also using physical hardware as our intent is to create an image for the specific machine to be deployed, in this case an HP EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF. I should also add that we are currently deploying the images from MDT using both offline media created and the deployment share over a domain network. Nevertheless, I think we are encountering the same issue. I have heard a myriad of times that it is ideal to create images in a VM, although there are situations that using hardware may be preferred. Either way, we typically wipe and load the unboxed ISO from the OEM and than capture using the clean image. It is when building the system back-up after pausing the task sequence and entering the built-in administrator that I add the drivers and software, and do a few group policy settings. The only fix I can find so far is to simply not include this in the image and install it after deployment. If you use HP machines, their new image assistant tool is helpful to analyze your image after capture and compare it to the OEM's released ISO. More importantly, it provides drivers that appear more up-to-date than the HP website. We can only hope that Conexant provides a more stable driver someday but I doubt that will ever happen. You can also try to capture the necessary files from your image that contain the drivers INF file (I think) and load them to your deployment share in the driver section. Follow Microsofts published directions if doing so because the process seems fairly complicated, and given the complex interface the Audio driver provides, I doubt it will work either. Good Luck!
    • Proposed as answer by dp437217 Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:33 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by dp437217 Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:33 PM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:26 PM