Vista User Media "Smart" Folders -- how to restore to defaults..? RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Vista Business yesterday and promptly changed the Location of several of my user folders (Downloads, Videos, Pictures, etc.) to several existing directories on my RAID array on, say, drive D:.

Shortly after I did that, I changed the drive letter of the RAID array to another letter, say E:.. upon restarting, the user folders that I had changed in my Users folder simply disappeared -- the destination directories on my RAID are still there but the folder "links" in my Users folder for these changed folders are gone (Downloads, Videos, Pictures, etc.).

I have since created new junctions in the User folder to the appropriate directories on my RAID, but they are not the same as the original folders in there.  The junctions function very similarly, however, I do not have the "Location" tab in the properties for these junctions, and they have a big fat shortcut icon on them (as well as the default folder icon, but this is easily remediable).

How can I restore the original folders and functionality?  Do I need to modify the desktop.ini in each folder?  Change something in the Registry maybe?  Do I need to create a special type of folder or link?  Please help!

Thanks!
    Monday, October 8, 2007 6:02 PM