Windows 7 freezing when installer programs open RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a laptop that's running Windows 7. I've been trying to install some games, but pretty much all of them have the same problem. I put in the disc, autorun starts, I click through all the options, but just when the game is about to get to the actual installation, the computer freezes. The disc starts spinning, then after a couple of seconds, the mouse disappears, and the computer stops responding. I've tried ALT+F4 and ALT+TAB and CTRL+ALT+DEL, but nothing makes the computer respond. What is it about these installers that's making the computer freeze up, and how can I fix it?
    Monday, November 15, 2010 2:29 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Maybe it is caused by your Optical Disk Drive hardware, Windows 7 can’t read data form your disk drive. So please try to insert a CD-Audio disk into your Optical Disk Drive to have a test. If the drive can’t read it, please check whether the Optical Disk is good. You can also try to copy the game files to the hard disk. Then install the game from it.

While, You may try to disable your Anti-Virus software, and check them whether the games are compatible with Windows 7 at Windows 7 Compatibility Center.

For your reference, the hardware’s temperature can also cause this issue. The reason is that when the Optical Disk is working, it will issue a lot of heat. So please kindly use some monitor tools to check whether your hardware’s temperature are too high.

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, November 26, 2010 3:32 AM
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 8:13 AM