none
Is it possible to overwrite / replace project files on the server? RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following problem:

A Project Manager has to send the MS Project file to an external supplier who cannot Access our Project Server. The supplier then makes changes to the file and adds & removes items.

Does he each time have to remove the current file and publish a new file to the Server as I think it is not possible to overwrite an existing file on the Server, right?

I know there is the possibility to work offline but that wouldn't solve the Problem as the file is edited by an external supplier.

So: Is there any possibility to synchronize the file on the server with a newer
    "offline file"? 
    It would be really great if anyone could help me with this!!

Monday, April 4, 2016 2:21 PM

All replies

• You can use the "Save for Sharing" feature in project server. See the link below for more details.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Work-offline-from-Project-Server-1c7d8992-6932-4625-b4a8-5c71c26af541?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#__toc266447968

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Monday, April 4, 2016 2:33 PM
  • To the question of file overwrite on server,Yes it is fairly possible to overwrite the MPP file on server.

You can follow the process on given URL, mentioned by Prasanna in below reply post.

Thanks,

Ashish

Monday, April 4, 2016 3:11 PM