Scan to homeDirectory issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a situation where I can use the full path to scan to homeDirectory, but if I use only the path (homeDirectory) and attribute (sAMAccountName) it fails. I am using an administrator id and I have tried a user owner id. The access is confirmed into the authenticated user folder if I use the fully defined path. The error is "Unable to reach destination". This is a one domain network. LDAP address book works. We added the IP/hostname into the SMTP gateway to get the eMail to work. Is there something like that with the scanning? Cross eyed and looking for other ideas.
    • Edited by ottoale13 Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:37 AM
    Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:37 AM

All replies

• BTW - This is the sandbox forum to play and test forum functions and features. Due to my assumption (read below) about the question asking about AD device integration, maybe we can get a moderator to move this to the Directory Services (AD) forums. But usually the vendor support docs are better for specific device setups.

As far as your question, by the term "scan," do you mean a scanner, like a Kyocera office scanner to send scans, faxes, etc, to the home folder of a user? Last time I set this up was only for 5 users with Folder Redirection enabled, and I just manually created the user accounts in the Kyocera and for each user, I specifically set the target to go to a folder on their desktop: \\server\redirectedfolders\username\desktop\scans.

I consulted the Kyocera docs to set it up. If you are referring to a scanner as I described, and it sounds like you're trying to setup AD sync with the device, then what did the documentation say? My feeling is the AD variable %homeDirectory% and the attribute "sAMAccountName" are not being recognized by the device. There is another variable, %username% but I have a feeling that may not work.

If my assumptions are incorrect, please provide more details, device vendor, what the docs say, etc.

Ace Fekay
    MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008/R2, Exchange 2007 & Exchange 2010, Exchange 2010 EA, MCSE & MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
    Microsoft Certified Trainer
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    Complete List of Technical Blogs: http://www.delawarecountycomputerconsulting.com/technicalblogs.php

This post is provided AS-IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

FaceBook Twitter LinkedIn

Saturday, August 11, 2012 6:31 AM
  • Thanks, new to the site. Was not sure where to post.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 4:36 PM
  • Looks like no one moved this. I suggest to post it to the DS forum, link below, and reference this link for what transpired here.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverDS/threads

Ace Fekay
    MVP, MCT, MCITP/EA, MCTS Windows 2008/R2 & Exchange 2007, Exchange 2010 EA, MCSE & MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
    Microsoft Certified Trainer
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    Technical Blogs & Videos: http://www.delawarecountycomputerconsulting.com/

This post is provided AS-IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

FaceBook Twitter LinkedIn

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 12:52 AM