none
Project Server 2010 Mistmatch between hours per day in PWA and Server settings - hours appear correctly in MS Project Pro RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    We have a client that is running PS 2010, but the planned hours displayed in the timesheet view do not reflect the hours that appear as planned in Microsoft Project.  The project calendar is set to 7.5h per day and all resources assigned to tasks are based on a calendar that is 7.5h per day.  The timesheet settings are correct.

    However despite this the hours shown in PWA always show 8h not 7.5 hours. Why ?  and how do we fix it ?

    Thanks

    Monday, May 20, 2013 6:58 PM

All replies

  • Have you confirmed in the Resource Usage or Task Usage view in Pro that the assignments truly are 7.5 hours per day? 

    Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:41 PM
  • Hi Reid,

    Yes we have !  In fact its one of the first things we did, along with checking the calendars assigned to resources and the project calendar, and of course the hours per day settings.

    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:23 PM
  • Make sure in the FILE / OPTIONS that the hours per day matches what is in your calendar.

    Cheers!


    Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:31 PM
    Moderator
  • Were the problem timesheets created AFTER the settings were made to use 7.5 hours per day?

    Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:53 PM
  • They do !
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:02 PM
  • Nope ! The projects were created and published after the calendar settings were defined, and after the resources were updated to be based on the Corprate 7.5h per day calendar. And the hours per day are set to 7.5h and hours per week at 37.5h (so everything matches up in the project).  This is verfied in res Usage and Task Usage.

    What's interesting is that when we look at the resource information in Resource Availability Chart, the grid correctly shows availability at 7.5h per day.

    BUT when someone creates a timesheet and then attempts to fill it in the planned work shows 8h per day not 7.5h. I have no idea why.  In all of the implementations I have dealt with (and that's a lot) I have never seen this behaviour and frankly I'm stumped !

    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:09 PM
  • And the Planned hours you are looking at are on a future date, for which the user has not already recorded Actual work right?  (Since planned changes to match entered Actuals)

    Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:10 PM
  • Correct !
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:21 PM
  • I cannot reproduce this problem. I'm easily able to create a 7.5 hr/day assignment and have it show up that way in my timesheet. Running December 2012 CU.

    Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:21 PM