Not seeing Archived emails in archive folder in Outlook for MAC 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Good Afternoon, 

I have a user who is unable to see all his archived emails in Outlook for MAC.
    When he launches our webmail client from Safari, he can locate the In-Place Archive and see all his emails.
    This is the case when he is connected to our network or remote using VPN.

Exchange 2016 - On Prem

Opperating systen is 10.13.6 Outlook is 16.16.8 - I have been told by my MAC support guys that this version should allow him to see his archive in the Outlook for MAC client.  Wondering what else I can look. Seems to be an issue on the application side, and not Exchange since he can see it in Webmail.

Unfortunately, I work strictly on  Windows workstation and have not been able to test it out.  Although I am trying to get an MAC device. 

Thank You

Brian Dougherty

• Moved by Perry-Pan Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:18 AM
    Monday, May 6, 2019 5:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Brian Dougherty,

From the version number, you are using Outlook 2016 for MAC.

According to the information in this official article, Outlook doesn't create a local copy of the archive mailbox on a user's computer, even if it's configured to use Cached Exchange Mode. Users can access an archive mailbox in online mode only. Do you enable Online mode for your Exchange account?

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, May 8, 2019 6:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by BrianDougherty Thursday, May 9, 2019 11:04 AM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Brian Dougherty,

From the version number, you are using Outlook 2016 for MAC.

According to the information in this official article, Outlook doesn't create a local copy of the archive mailbox on a user's computer, even if it's configured to use Cached Exchange Mode. Users can access an archive mailbox in online mode only. Do you enable Online mode for your Exchange account?

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, May 8, 2019 6:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by BrianDougherty Thursday, May 9, 2019 11:04 AM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:18 AM
  • Hi Brian Dougherty,

Have you checked the reply above? Does it work for you?

If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, May 9, 2019 5:02 AM
  • Thanks Peter.  Yes, that makes sense.

My Apple support guys were able to recreate his Exchange profile on his device and he was able to see them again.

Thursday, May 9, 2019 11:04 AM