Program does not run with administrator privileges from the network RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I made a program to run by a regular user and run another program with administrator privileges, but it works only if it runs from a local device (it does not work if it runs from the network).

Is there a security policy in Windows that prevents the execution of a program with administrator privileges from another program on the network?

The problem occurs in both Windows 7 64-bit Pro and Windows 10 Pro.
    Wednesday, June 5, 2019 5:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is there any error message when running the program from the network?

Please try to configure the EnableLinkedConnections registry value:

1.Click Start, type regedit in the Start programs and files box, and then press ENTER.

2.Locate and then right-click the registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.

3.Point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

4.Type EnableLinkedConnections, and then press ENTER.

5.Right-click EnableLinkedConnections, and then click Modify.

6.In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

7.Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Meanwhile, we can refer to the following link to see if any help:

My application works from my local machine, but throws a SecurityException when I move it to a network share

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/shawnfa/2003/06/20/my-application-works-from-my-local-machine-but-throws-a-securityexception-when-i-move-it-to-a-network-share/

Hope it could be helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 7, 2019 6:36 AM
  • No error occurs when I run the network program.

Unfortunately, changing the record you entered did not resolve it.
    Friday, June 7, 2019 4:46 PM
  • you need to re write the program using VBS or .NET  because your compiler is linked to the local that's why it runs 

VBS and .NET both will allow to and your programs to run LOCAL or on the internet you can also you JAVA too

Saturday, June 15, 2019 11:09 PM