none
Designer workflow is not triggering when an item being added by another workflow to a list A

Question

• Approval workflow is not triggering for the item  created by another workflow.

We have a SharePoint list A, list items are getting created by another workflow from List B.   We have a workflow approval workflow attached to list A.  Approval workflow is triggered if an item is added to the list A manually . 

Not sure what's the issue ?  did anyone face this issue?

Friday, November 18, 2016 4:45 PM

All replies

• Hi cnivass,

Please make sure you are not starting the workflow as a SharePoint System Account. If you create an item using System Account, the workflow will not function properly or won’t start automatically. System Account is the account that’s used for the application pool running the web app. Try creating the item using another account.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, November 21, 2016 2:54 AM
  • I am not confused , i am not sure whether i mentioned very clearly about my issue. My issue is in Office365 i.e sharepoint online. there is no system account for this. 
    Monday, November 21, 2016 4:43 PM
  • Hi cnivass,

I tested the workflow with 2013 and 2010 Platform type in SharePoint online. The approval workflow was triggered on the item created by these workflow. I did not reproduce the issue.

For this issue, please check the workflow has “Start workflow automatically when an item was created” enabled. Try clearing SharePoint Designer cache and re-publishing the workflow. Compare the result to see if the issue is resolved.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:01 AM