Incoming RDP Not Working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a windows xp sp3 machine that can rdp out from the machine with no problem. When I try and RDP in I get prompted for the login details after entering the details I get an error message Remote Desktop Disconnected The Administrator has ended the session, an error occured whist the session was being established, a network error occured. This is whilst connecting from the same LAN, same Subnet. I can remotely connect to the machine using teamviewer. IThere is noting in either logs I have checked tthe server authentication which is set to connect. I checked the DFS Mup registry issue but neither machine has an entry with that key. The machine I cant connect to is windows xp sp3. The firewall is switched off the user is in the RDP group & Admiistrators, and I can log on using that account via TeamViewer. I have tried creating a new account and adding to the appropriate groups but it makes no difference.

Any Idea's what else could be the problem?

Thanks Mike

Thursday, December 2, 2010 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Yes I have enabled remote login the appropriate accounts are in the relevant groups, I have added new acounts and added them as administrators but still I cant connect

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 11:37 AM
  • Solution a)

Is there a router back hall set to forward port 3389?

Solution b)

'What is the result of the following command?

click > start> run enter "cmd.exe" then > "netstat -a" then enter. <with out the qoutes>

Is tcp port 3389 set as listening?

Solution c)

Something may have scrambled the listening port and check the following kb  to change the port.

Q304304

Note rebooting is required to change the settings in this instance.

If this helps. Please report back and mark this question answered!

Keith

Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:49 AM