Whole computer freezes when running Nvidia programs RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone!
    I had to reformmat over a hardware issue. So I little bit late on some new fixes and stuff. I am sorry i have to make thread and join the mass of confused people, but i tried googling an answer and searching forums (many forums). but nothing so i thought i would ask, plus all the other trieds seem.. different.. or not similar case.

so...

Problem:
    When I try to run the Ntunes, and anything Nvidia products, my whole computer freezes and nothing moves. I am currently using a modded INF for nvidia driver, but that shouldnt be the problem, or is it? any ideas?

I am running a geforce go 7600, on a custom laptop. 2.0GHz (dual), 3 gb ram, and so on.. before the formmatting, it worked fine, so i doubt it was a combatebility issue
    Sunday, April 27, 2008 6:15 AM

Answers

• If i may suggest to you that you may want to redownload NTune or any other sofware you might need. They are avaliable at Nvidia.com. I have experienced this and I feel that Nvidia makes overly lage applications in general, try starting it without anything else running, and you may want task manager on the side to see if the processor spikes. There are alternatives to Ntune and I think tht OCing on laptops isnt taht safe.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 7:02 PM

All replies

• If i may suggest to you that you may want to redownload NTune or any other sofware you might need. They are avaliable at Nvidia.com. I have experienced this and I feel that Nvidia makes overly lage applications in general, try starting it without anything else running, and you may want task manager on the side to see if the processor spikes. There are alternatives to Ntune and I think tht OCing on laptops isnt taht safe.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 7:02 PM
  • Hey thanks for the reply,

Well... i restarted and... it suddenly works. but i reinstall just incase, and everything seems fine now.

But now, my graphic card seems to load REALLY slow.

I would turn on my computer - 1min to load
    after im on the window desktop, i can move and everything is loaded, but graphic card didnt load yet, and i would have normal window vista without aero.
    then after about... 3 mins aero would load up.

could it be my driver on graphic card is bad? or something along that line?
    Sunday, April 27, 2008 8:09 PM
  • I really cannot determine what may be the specific cause, but even on my 8800GTS (g92), there is this 1 min period after logon when I just startup when if I touch anything, my computer will freeze. Windows Vista seems to run alot of 'extra' programs that need time. I can't imagine what would cause your graphics card to lag though... The driver shouldn't be bad, but you can make sure by redownloading from Nvidia. If it really doesn't bother you, don't worry, its not like it is life-threatening. The graphics card loads as soon as you turn on the computer, so that is not the issue. If it was, you would see nothing. I believe that Aero is a secondary-importance application, so it will sqitch off when there seems to be heavy load.

Monday, April 28, 2008 11:37 PM
  • Thanks alot for the help and comments you been given me joe, your a great help, but somehow my problem kind of evoled.

I made a new thread here:

http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/ShowPost.aspx?postid=3257162&isthread=true&siteid=17

Check if out if you want. And thanks again.
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:41 AM