none
Clicking selections in a dropdown menu has no effect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem with project server 2010 that I havent seen before.

The problem is that choosing a command from the drop down menus doesnt do anything.

For example, if I click on Site actions and Edit page, nothing happens. Similarily If I go to a document library and choose the drop down menu for a document, click 'edit in Microsoft Excel' Nothing happens. Same with 'check out'

I've been testing Active Directory synchronisations and wonder if this may have caused a problem with permissions somehow. I've checked my permission level in server settings and still have full acess applied to my account.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Bill,

Maybe also look at any IE add-in settings - sometimes they screw IE up a little bit.  Disable them, and check if there is any difference.  If it works with the add-ins disabled then you can enable them one by one to find the culprit.

Does this happen for other users too?  And on other computers?

Thanks,

Nico

http://blogs.umtsa.co.za/nicoo
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:34 PM

All replies

• Hello Bill

Try starting IE explorer with Run As Administrator and see if those menus work.  Also, make your add your project server site as a trusted site or local site.

CHeers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:46 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried what you suggested but it hasn't made any difference. I've found that that the drop downs for some other users are working ok so I'ms trating to think its my login account permissions that are causing the problems, even though I cant see anything wrong with them.

I'll take another look at the permissions settings and see if I can see any anomolies.

Regards

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 5:01 PM
  • Hi Bill,

Maybe also look at any IE add-in settings - sometimes they screw IE up a little bit.  Disable them, and check if there is any difference.  If it works with the add-ins disabled then you can enable them one by one to find the culprit.

Does this happen for other users too?  And on other computers?

Thanks,

Nico

http://blogs.umtsa.co.za/nicoo
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:34 PM