none
Project Server 2013 release date and its exam RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

1. What is the release date of Project Server 2013? I remember downloading its preview version in October this year but today when I went to download again, it looks like a release version. So when was it actually released?

2. When can we expect MCTS exams for Project Server 2013? Is it better to give Project Server 2010 exams or wait for 2013 exams?

Thanks

Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Project Server RTM'd with the other Office 2013 applications in late October and was available through MSDN / Technet shortly afterwards. I believe it is available for volume licence downloads, and will be available generally in early 2013.

As for the exams, I don't believe these have been officially announced yet, but when they are keep an eye on  http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jkalis/ . 

Hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

• Marked as answer by PMP_PMP Monday, November 26, 2012 7:55 AM
    Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:02 AM
  • In addition to Alex's answer, typically the exams follow several months after the official release.  I would do the 2010 exam as well as the 2013 exam - understanding 2010 is a good start for understanding 2013, so I wouldn't wait for the 2013 exam. 

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Monday, November 26, 2012 7:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Project Server RTM'd with the other Office 2013 applications in late October and was available through MSDN / Technet shortly afterwards. I believe it is available for volume licence downloads, and will be available generally in early 2013.

As for the exams, I don't believe these have been officially announced yet, but when they are keep an eye on  http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jkalis/ . 

Hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:02 AM
  • In addition to Alex's answer, typically the exams follow several months after the official release.  I would do the 2010 exam as well as the 2013 exam - understanding 2010 is a good start for understanding 2013, so I wouldn't wait for the 2013 exam. 

Monday, November 26, 2012 7:34 AM
  • HI,

I just come across this post, and thought of updating you with your exam query in case you have missed the update. The relevant certifications are expected to be released in April, you can find more details here and here :)

hope this helps. 

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 7:01 AM
  • Thanks Kurram,

A few of us worked on the exams and their content, so it's great to see that they will be available soon.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 9:11 AM