none
SPD 2013 Adding Button with Javascript code using Modern Experience RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone !

I created a button using SPD 2013 to my list, the role of this button is to update multiple items status to closed. I created a workflow to update the status of columns.

But the problem is when i select more than 1 item the button disappear from the ribbon. I have a Javascript code that works but using type of list Classic Experience. Is it possible to add same javascript code to this button in SPD or there is another way to enable multiple selection for this button in SPD ?

Here when i select 1 item:

And here when i select more than 1 item:

Can i achieve it using type of list Modern Experience ?

Thank you !

• Edited by SynthBZ Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:03 PM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to bulk edit the list items, we can use the OOTB feature to achieve it.

Bulk edit list item properties

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/bulk-edit-list-item-properties-1521a373-b011-4a26-8fc9-016b491ee932

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by HarshalGite Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by SynthBZ Monday, September 16, 2019 2:25 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:39 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

If my reply help you, please mark the reply as answer, it will make others who stuck with the similar issue easier to search for valid solutions in this forum.

Best regards,
    Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 16, 2019 8:08 AM
  • Yes sorry for late reply, it's nice option to use bulk edit list item prop.

Thank you Dennis Guo !

Monday, September 16, 2019 2:27 PM