HOW CAN I USE RDP ON CLIENTS OUTSIDE THE NETWORK RRS feed

• Question

• some times we have to remotely logon client computers to support them on various issues where we don't want to use software's like team viewer

so i would wish to connect to our domain clients even when the are on field on other networks using RDP

OR or to find a way how to make my clients access their domain even when on other networks in this way that it appears as is they are on the same network

can someone help me to do this???

Friday, December 6, 2019 1:15 PM

All replies

• Hi, You can use VPN client to Server or DirectAccess to establish communication between your clients and your corporate Network:

https://www.thomasmaurer.ch/2012/07/how-to-install-vpn-on-windows-server-2012/

"Vote or mark as answer if you think useful" "Marquer comme réponse les réponses qui ont résolu votre problème"

• Proposed as answer by F.ABASSI Friday, December 6, 2019 3:17 PM
    Friday, December 6, 2019 2:08 PM
  • Hi,

You can consider of VPN. 

You can deploy VPN using Windows Server or 3rd party product, including VPN software or specific hardware. Then, external user/device will establish network connection via VPN to your internal network, and then, RDP will be working. 

Remote Access:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-access/remote-access

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 9, 2019 1:55 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang      

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 16, 2019 8:14 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Thursday, December 26, 2019 8:27 AM