locked
Upgrade sharepoint 2007 from Standard to Enterprise RRS feed

  • Question

  • After I installed Sharepoint 2007, open operation, convert license type, current license is office sharepoint server with Enterprise Client Access License, and I entered the Enterprise Cal key given by microsoft, error conversion failed look at error log. I looked in c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\logs. Is this where the error log is generated? Is this one of the error message

    High Registry key value {SearchThrottled} was not found under registry hive
    {Software\Microsoft\Office Server\12.0}. Assuming search sku is not
    throttled
    • Moved by Seven M Monday, March 7, 2011 2:54 AM moss 2007 post (From:SharePoint 2010 - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation)
    Friday, March 4, 2011 10:41 PM

Answers

  • >  current license is office sharepoint server with Enterprise Client Access License, and I entered the Enterprise Cal key given by microsoft, error conversion failed look at error log.

    Doesn't this mean that the product was installed using the code of the Enterprise version ( "current license is office sharepoint server with Enterprise Client Access License")

    and that therefore it is impossible to *convert* it to an Enterprise version ("error conversion failed") because it already is.

    ?

     


    SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:18 AM
  • Hello everyone,

    There was a scenario just 2 weeks ago where a similar incident occurred.

    For one, I figured maybe this account logged in to the Central Admin wasn't a system account of MOSS.

    I looked at the name, and truly it was the name of the trainee! I asked for his MOSS system account details.

    Logged in with that, and tried again....it converted successfully.

    You could check that, just in case, you never can tell!


    You've only got ONE LIFE; HELP as many people as you can, and ENJOY IT while it lasts. People are in the centre of our happiness, even God understands that.
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:33 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:29 AM

All replies

  • This should be submitted  to the SharePoint 2007 area

     


    Gary Newman MCSE, MCT, CCNA MCDBA, MCAD, MCSA MCTS SharePoint 2007 Dev & Admin MCPD SharePoint 2010 Development
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 2:33 PM
  • Hi,

    Thanks to share your post.

    For the issue, I think you should take the followed steps:

    1.       Open a command prompt and browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\bin

    2.       Type the following command:
    stsadm -o enumservices > C:\services.txt

    3.       Open the services.txt file that was created and locate the section for the section for Office SharePoint Server Search

    4.       Within this section, copy the contents between the <type> tags to the clipboard.
       This will be used for the service type flag of the next command.

    5.       Return to the command prompt and run the following command:
     stsadm -o provisionservice -action start -servicename OSearch -servicetype   "Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchService, Microsoft.Office.Server.Search, Version=12.0.0.0,      Culture=neutral,
     PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c"

    6.       Reset IIS

    Hope this could help you!

    Leo

    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:04 AM
  • >  current license is office sharepoint server with Enterprise Client Access License, and I entered the Enterprise Cal key given by microsoft, error conversion failed look at error log.

    Doesn't this mean that the product was installed using the code of the Enterprise version ( "current license is office sharepoint server with Enterprise Client Access License")

    and that therefore it is impossible to *convert* it to an Enterprise version ("error conversion failed") because it already is.

    ?

     


    SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:18 AM
  • Hello everyone,

    There was a scenario just 2 weeks ago where a similar incident occurred.

    For one, I figured maybe this account logged in to the Central Admin wasn't a system account of MOSS.

    I looked at the name, and truly it was the name of the trainee! I asked for his MOSS system account details.

    Logged in with that, and tried again....it converted successfully.

    You could check that, just in case, you never can tell!


    You've only got ONE LIFE; HELP as many people as you can, and ENJOY IT while it lasts. People are in the centre of our happiness, even God understands that.
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:33 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:29 AM