Skype for Business app for iOS and Android call dropping RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My organisation using Skype for business with Skype server 2015 located locally.

Some users complaining  about drop out call when they using iOS and Android mobiles with latest Skype for business app. Not a particular time period, It's cut out after 12, 10, 8 and 15 min.. They are suing Wi-Fi in the office  and not moving around anywhere. Desktop and laptop doesn't have any problem.

So if someone has same problem please help me out.

Thanks

Kintal

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 1:40 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

Did you confirm the wifi strength and settings ? Did you try to install the latest version of client on the phones and then gave a try ? What about the Update version in the server , is the CU update completed on the server

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

First off all thanks for kind reply..

Users has latest update for Skype app on iPhone and Android phone. Also they have latest iOS and Android OS installed on mobile.

One of the user has iPhone so i suggest him remove skype for business app from his iPhone and do reset RAM on iPhone and install Skype app, However he did and same problem occur. call drops out with in 3min and 15 sec.

No I haven't done CU update on the server..!! do you think CU update will fix..!!

If you have any other solutions please let me know.

Thanks

Kintal

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 9:07 PM

• Hi Kintal,

Would you please tell us did the issue appear on the specific user or all users had this issue? Are there any error messages when the calls drop out ?

Sometimes, the latest update will fix some strange, so as Akampa said, we suggest you install the updates and test if there is the same issue.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3061064/updates-for-skype-for-business-server-2015

Moreover, what product did you use for reverse proxy? Please check the reverse proxy setting, the following is a similar case for your reference
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/d9812291-d94c-42fe-bccc-c898ba84acb7/lync-mobile-calls-dropping-after-3-min-37-seconds?forum=lyncvoice

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, February 13, 2017 9:39 AM
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 3:17 AM