stsadm -o enumssp error "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: uriString" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

as topic title says, I have this problem when I launch the command

stsadm -o enumssp -title SSP1

It returns me:

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: uriString

I know and I'm sure the SSP name has no spaces and a consequence to this problem is that I cannot do a backup with BackupExec (it throw me the same error).

Some help would be veeery precious! THANKS!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 1:45 PM

Answers

• The exception is self explaining: the issue in the the url of your "My Sites".
    Check the typed url in "My Sites" configuration page (central administration).
    It could be empty or invalid.

• Marked as answer by PIBA Thursday, April 12, 2012 3:04 PM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:51 PM

All replies

• the following one is the excpetion thrown:

stsadm: Value cannot be null.  Parameter name: uriString Callstack:    at System.Uri..ctor

(String uriString)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.Utilities.SspUtility.SspMySiteUrl

(SharedResourceProvider ssp, SPUrlZone zone)     at

Microsoft.Office.Server.CommandLine.SspSerializer.SerializeSites(XmlWriter writer,

SharedResourceProvider ssp)     at

Microsoft.Office.Server.CommandLine.SspSerializer.SerializeSsp(XmlWriter writer,

SharedResourceProvider ssp, List`1 webApps)     at

Microsoft.Office.Server.CommandLine.EnumSsp.Execute()     at

Microsoft.Office.Server.CommandLine.CommandBase.Run(String command, StringDictionary

keyValues, String& output)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.StsAdmin.SPStsAdmin.RunOperation

(SPGlobalAdmin globalAdmin, String strOperation, StringDictionary keyValues,

SPParamCollecti...   

I'm searching all over the web and nobody seems to know what's happening...neither here!

:(

The sysadmin hardlife

Thursday, April 12, 2012 1:21 PM
  • The exception is self explaining: the issue in the the url of your "My Sites".
    Check the typed url in "My Sites" configuration page (central administration).
    It could be empty or invalid.

• Marked as answer by PIBA Thursday, April 12, 2012 3:04 PM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:51 PM
  • Best ya friend!
    You saved my day!

Thank you very much!

The sysadmin hardlife

Thursday, April 12, 2012 3:05 PM
  • Hello there,

would you be kind to point me to where can I find this setting on this SharePoint portal, I've inherited this SSP and having this same issue.

Please advise.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 4:47 PM