none
Junk Folder Email Redirection Not Working

Question

• Hello All,

I am using Barracuda Email Security Appliance as a spam filter that blocks high score spams and tags the subject of medium scored spam emails with the phrase " *****SPAM***** ". It was all working fine until I switched my exchange 2010 server to 2013 and then all tagged emails keep coming to the inbox instead of the junk folder.

I have created a rule in the ecp-mailflow-rules that says if an email contains the work SPAM in the subject to set the SCL (Spam Confidence Level) to 9 but that's not working.

I have contacted barracuda support and they said that they don't support microsoft exchange. I've looked this up on the internet but I couldn't find answer, any suggestions would really help.

Thank you,

Thursday, February 9, 2017 11:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for contacting our forum.

Firstly, if the Barracuda Email Security Appliance in front of Exchange server, it’s recommended to update to the latest version and re-set the settings and check the results.

Have you checked the spam messages’ header and if the SCL values has been changed? Please post out.

Have you deployed Exchange edge server?

You can Install-AntispamAgents please see: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb201691(v=exchg.150).aspx

Please refer to Anti-spam protection: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj218660(v=exchg.150).aspx

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 10, 2017 3:05 AM
  • Hi Jason,

Thank you for following up!

Yes I have checked the spam email header and they's sitting in the inbox with *****SPAM***** in the subject. I've also installed the anti-spam agents and configured their SCL threshold values but still not re-directing spam emails to junk.

No, I don't have a separate exchange edge server.

It's really annoying to see all of these spam tagged emails floating in the exchange inbox. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Friday, March 10, 2017 6:37 PM