none
Multiple Generic Resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, This is first time I will be working with Generic Resources. If I want to have 5 BAs do I need to create 5 different generic resources, or is there another way to capture demand.

I created one BA (Generic Resource) and gave Max Units to 500%, but then allocating FTE 1 multiplied hours allocated by 5. Please suggest the best practice in such situations.

Thanks, Kunal

Friday, February 3, 2017 1:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Kunal,

Indeed the best practice is to create 1 generic resource and change the max unit to 500%. Then when you assign it to a task, it will be assign by default to 100%, and not 500%. You can split your screen and display the detail pane with work information and update the %unit to 500%. Then the work will be 5 time greater.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, February 3, 2017 2:45 PM
  • I assigned FTE 1 in resource plan. It multiplied the work by 5.
    Friday, February 3, 2017 3:11 PM
  • When you say "resource plan", where is it exactly? PWA, MS Project view? Which Project Server version do you use? Or Project Online? Can you give the different steps?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, February 3, 2017 4:06 PM
  • I am using Project Server 2013 PWA on premise.

I selected the project and then clicked on Resource Plan. There I allocated FTE 1 to the generic resource. As the Max Units were 500% it took FTE 1 as 5 times the hours.

Saturday, February 4, 2017 7:03 PM