none
Computer configuration enabled but not processing

Question

• Good Morning,

I have a Pc lockdown GPO that contains computer and user settings, i have the same GPO applied to a computer container and to a user container to tackle computer and use settings in the same gpo file, yet only the use settings are been applied. I'm I targetingthis the wrong way?

Friday, January 22, 2016 3:09 PM

Answers

• Hello

Are both User Configuration and Computer Configuration enabled in the GPO?

If you have both User Configuration and Computer Configuration in the same GPO, it is usually not necessary to link it at both the computer and users OU. You can enable Group Policy Loopback processing in the GPO, this way the GPO will process for both computer and user objects.

This is the way we handle GPOs in a terminal server environment and VDI environment. 

Sunday, January 24, 2016 12:11 PM

All replies

• Hello

Are both User Configuration and Computer Configuration enabled in the GPO?

If you have both User Configuration and Computer Configuration in the same GPO, it is usually not necessary to link it at both the computer and users OU. You can enable Group Policy Loopback processing in the GPO, this way the GPO will process for both computer and user objects.

This is the way we handle GPOs in a terminal server environment and VDI environment. 

Sunday, January 24, 2016 12:11 PM
  • Hi Amador,

I suggest you run the command line Gpresult /h <file path> with domain administrator to view the computer configuration.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 25, 2016 10:28 AM