properties box in network connections, for IPv6 is't highlighted. like it is for IPv4 RRS feed

• Question

• I came a cross a computer that had ipv6 removed. I tried installing it again, and after reboot was able to see it in network connection properties window, but the properties button is missing. DHTP and IPv6 is enabled and set to automatic in administrative tools/services. if it has something to do withe registry i wouldn’t even know where to start. pleas help.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 5:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please locate the following registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TCPIP6\Parameters\Interfaces

compare the value on another working computer and change the value.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, June 27, 2011 9:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa915728.aspx

Those are configurable registry keys.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:41 AM
  • Thanks for the reply, but i forgot to mention that I’m ruining windows xp SP3, and the link is for windows mobile 6.5. 

Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:31 PM
  • Hi,

Please locate the following registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TCPIP6\Parameters\Interfaces

compare the value on another working computer and change the value.

Regards,

Monday, June 27, 2011 9:26 AM
  •  

With you help I was able to identify one part of a problem. The \Interface folder in the registry, winch is a sub folder of \Parameters\  is missing, and as far as I can tell it contains a hole lot of files. Sow is this some thing that can be downloaded, or is there a way to extract it from a registry and mack it in to a .reg file so it ca be merged with other computers. If yes then how? Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:24 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the late reponse.

It is suggested to find an identity computer and locate the registry, export. Then copy to this problematic one and import by double clicking.

Regards,

Monday, July 11, 2011 3:40 AM
  • Well that explains it thanks. All i have to do is to find identical commuter. Hold on dos it have to identical or any windows xp professional SP3 will work. If yes then ill upload it to somewhere and link it hire.

Friday, July 15, 2011 1:03 AM