Lync server 2013 - Enable refer support RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, just wondering if there are any downside to enable refer support ?

We have 4 sip trunks and all are using same Trunk configuration (global).

One out of this fails when we try to set call forwarding to any number within that country.

If we set callforwarding to other countries it works fine. I therefor suspect there is something wrong with the SIp trunk in that country.

I'm in talk with the technician and they told me to enable this function.

Before I do this, I just want to be sure it wont have any side effect. Research on the internet mention Voicemail issue.Would like to avoid creating new trunk configuration, since I guess I will have to track down other places it needs to be done.

So, any downside by enabling this?

thanks!

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Thursday, September 24, 2015 1:44 PM

All replies

• I would try to set up a separate trunk configuration for that SIP trunk for this.  Not all trunks support REFER and you might run into some transferring issues if you just turn it back on. 

Whatever you do, do it off hours and test, test, test.  Specifically transferred calls. 

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, September 24, 2015 3:49 PM
  • Thanks Anthony,

I played hard and enabled it on the GLobal Siptrunk configuration, though it didn't help. Call goes to provider voicemail that number cannot be reach. I have waited for 30 min and also restarted mediation and frontend service without any help.Only thing working is set fwd to voicemail.

Told provider that we have not changed any setup, and this has worked fine before. Its after they upgraded their siptrunk this issue start to occure, and its on going with them past 4 months.

Another round with provider tomorrow :S

Thanks anyway

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Thursday, September 24, 2015 7:17 PM
  • Dealing with the telcos is a nightmare. 

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, September 24, 2015 7:18 PM