Streets and Trips 2009 - Reset Tool needed - Error message 0XC004D301 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the retail version of Streets and Trips 2009/MapPoint, on Windows XP. There was a power outage on the workstation that is affected. Since the power outage, Streets and Trips 2009/MapPoint will not open. 

The error message states:  A licensing initialization error has occurred. Please contact customer support for more assistance. Error: 0xC004D301

I have contacted Microsoft support directly over the phone and they cannot open a case. From the forums I've read, there is a reset tool that Microsoft can run to fix this issue. I cannot gain access to this tool. Can somebody provide this for me? 

I have tried all steps listed here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951632 - The issue is still unresolved from the KB link.

Thank you.

Anthony 

Friday, November 18, 2011 5:33 PM

All replies

• Call 1-800-MICROSOFT or 800-642-7676. A very polite fella in India will answer and they can send you the reset tool. Unfortunately the reset tool expires so when the same issue reoccurs a week or so later you need to call back but they run on US 'normal' business hours even though tech support is in India.
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:26 AM