Program Files (X86) RRS feed

• Question

• I can't find this folder on my Windows 7 32 bit installation.  A driver I need to install is looking for it.  Can I somehow add it to the C: directory?
    Thursday, November 12, 2015 7:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you are using Windows 32bit I dont think you will see Program Files(x86)

It should just be 'Program Files'

You might want to point the driver to that folder.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 8:22 PM
  • Hi,

Since you use the 32bit system, it will not display the folder called "program file(x86)". Because all the program file in 32 bit system is under x86 model by default.

In 64 bit operating system, some program need to be installed as 32 bit but the current system is 64 bit. For this condition, the program will installed under the "program file(x86)" folder. Therefore, the "program file(x86)" will just displayed in 64 bit operating system.    

Hope that can help you.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 13, 2015 3:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you are using Windows 32bit I dont think you will see Program Files(x86)

It should just be 'Program Files'

You might want to point the driver to that folder.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 8:22 PM
  • Hi,

Since you use the 32bit system, it will not display the folder called "program file(x86)". Because all the program file in 32 bit system is under x86 model by default.

In 64 bit operating system, some program need to be installed as 32 bit but the current system is 64 bit. For this condition, the program will installed under the "program file(x86)" folder. Therefore, the "program file(x86)" will just displayed in 64 bit operating system.    

Hope that can help you.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 13, 2015 3:09 AM