Sync Outlook Group and SharePoint Calendar RRS feed

• Question

• My team created a SharePoint team site. It automatically created a Group in Outlook, which has its own calendar. Apparently, this calendar has nothing to do with the calendar on our SharePoint team site. If I use the Sync with Outlook feature in SharePoint, it would add a completely new calendar in Outlook. Why? If creating a team site that has its own calendar automatically creates an Outlook group, shouldn't the group calendar sync with the SharePoint calendar? What is the best option to get my team all on one sheet of music? Thanks!
    Tuesday, August 27, 2019 10:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Here we mainly focus on issues and feedback regarding Outlook desktop client. My knowledge about SharePoint is limited. I searched via both SharePoint and Outlook side and found that this is by design that these two calendars won’t sync.

The calendar for that group is a group calendar. While, calendar on your SharePoint team site is SharePoint list. They are different.

Hope this information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, August 30, 2019 5:39 AM
    Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:58 AM
  • Just check if the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 30, 2019 6:50 AM