none
Cant find BitLocker Drive Encryption in control panel at all! HELP!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Every where i look, people are saying to open BitLocker in Control Panel, but i cant find it anywhere. I am using an HP Notebook 2000 with windows 8.1. if someone could help that would be awesome!!!
    Friday, April 4, 2014 3:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you ever changed a group policy setting? run "gpedit.msc", this will lauch GP Editor, then locate to User configuration\Administrative Templates\Administrative Templates\Hide specified Control Panel items,

check whether it is enabled, and check whether you have added Microsoft.BitLockerDriveEncryption in the list.Or you can just right click the hard drive which you want to set up BitLocker, then see whether there's an option "Turn on BitLocker".

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 7, 2014 3:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you ever changed a group policy setting? run "gpedit.msc", this will lauch GP Editor, then locate to User configuration\Administrative Templates\Administrative Templates\Hide specified Control Panel items,

check whether it is enabled, and check whether you have added Microsoft.BitLockerDriveEncryption in the list.Or you can just right click the hard drive which you want to set up BitLocker, then see whether there's an option "Turn on BitLocker".

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 7, 2014 3:24 AM
  • Hie. 

am facing the same problem i couldn't find the BitLocker any where in the control panel and am using HP Notebook, windows 8. I tried runningthe command "gpedit" but it isnt recognised in my system, Kindly help if u have any idea about this.

Thanks.

Monday, February 1, 2016 11:04 PM
  • I can't find teh second "Adminstrative Templates", please help
    Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:50 PM