set up Outlook 2016 for Mac to use POP3 instead of Exchange RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to configure Outlook 2016 for Mac to use the POP3 instead of Exchange server? My email account is ----@msn.com. 

I've been using this program on a new Mac but I don't want it to do anything to the outlook.com webmail. I do not want to sync it with outlook.com on the web.

I have an Office 365 subscription, and just purchased the stand alone version of Outlook 2016 for Mac for $100-something and when I set it up, the only server option is Exchange and I need POP3.

Friday, June 30, 2017 3:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please do the following steps to add your MSN account as POP3 account:

1. In Outlook 2016 for Mac, click Tools > Accounts.
    2. An Account dialog window would be prompted. Generally, we would click Outlook.com button to setup the Microsoft Account. If you want to set up account with IMAP/POP, click Other Email
    3. Fill in your email address and Password, uncheck the option "Configure automatically". Then you can set the IMAP or POP configuration manually. 

Please try it in your side. 

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 3, 2017 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates on the issue? Have you tried it above?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 7:35 AM