SharePoint 2010 List to SharePoint 2007 Webpart RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a list in SharePoint 2010 and need to put it on my SharePoint 2007 website. I cannot migrate the list over because it is being maintained by someone else in 2010. Is this even possible to do? Perhaps linking the 2010 list to 2007 WebPart? Or mirroring the 2010 list to a 2007 list so when the 2010 list is updated the 2007 list is also update?

I have tried using the RSS Feed from the 2010 list in the RSS Viewer WebPart in 2007 but that did not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Clint

Monday, May 16, 2016 5:59 PM

Answers

• Hi ClintWalsh,

According to your description, you want to link SP 2010 list to SP2007.

Per my knowledge, I don't think it's possible. They are in different versions SharePoint.

If you don't want to see the couple of options, you can only export the data from the list and import it into target list by Microsoft Access or Excel.

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 9:24 AM

All replies

• I would use a PageViewer WebPart or Iframe in a Content Editor Webpart and show the SharePoint 2010 list's view. in the SP 2007 site. You can add IsDlg=1 as querystring and hide the other site elements and show only the list.

http://SP2010SiteURL/Lists/YourList/AllItems.aspx?isDlg=1

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Monday, May 16, 2016 6:16 PM
  • Thanks for the quick reply Rajesh.

Is there a way from here to make only the items of the list show up? Right now I see a couple options at the top of the page: "Items" and "List"

Monday, May 16, 2016 6:45 PM
  • Hi ClintWalsh,

According to your description, you want to link SP 2010 list to SP2007.

Per my knowledge, I don't think it's possible. They are in different versions SharePoint.

If you don't want to see the couple of options, you can only export the data from the list and import it into target list by Microsoft Access or Excel.

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 9:24 AM