none
Filter Resource Assignments to only show Active Projects (Project Server 2010)? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We'd like the Resource Assignments page to only display info for "Project Status = Active" projects.  Since Project Status is not a field in the Resource Assignments views, I created an Enterprise Custom Field which had a formula pointing to the Project Status field.  But my new field wasn't available for the Resource Assignment views either.   I think I read somewhere that this used to work in 2007 but not in 2010. 

Is there anyway to not have all of our non-active projects show up in these views?

thanks!

Friday, July 26, 2013 4:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

you won't be able to use Project Enterprise Field in Resource Assignment views, so as an alternative you can use SSRS to create custom report and use as a Resource Management Report. You Probably need to hit

1)MSP_EPMProject_UserView, 2)MSP_EPMAssignment_UserView 3) MSP_EPMResourcet_UserView and other views based on your requirement.

Thanks !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

• Marked as answer by Scott_CF Thursday, August 8, 2013 5:39 PM
    Friday, July 26, 2013 5:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you won't be able to use Project Enterprise Field in Resource Assignment views, so as an alternative you can use SSRS to create custom report and use as a Resource Management Report. You Probably need to hit

1)MSP_EPMProject_UserView, 2)MSP_EPMAssignment_UserView 3) MSP_EPMResourcet_UserView and other views based on your requirement.

Thanks !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

• Marked as answer by Scott_CF Thursday, August 8, 2013 5:39 PM
    Friday, July 26, 2013 5:24 PM
  • Agreed....the Resource Center views don't really respect any sort of project status.  A couple options:

1) Custom reports.

2) VBA to copy the status field into a custom Resource field in each closed project.

3) Set all closed project assignments to proposed.

4) Delete closed projects from the Publish db.

I'd usually go with #1.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Saturday, July 27, 2013 1:52 PM
  •  

Agree with Sachin & Andrew…

Better you create SSRS report to get the requirement.

Alternatively, If you are not using for any Inactive/Finish project for reporting than can and do following:

Archive all plans that have a finish date in the past. First, run an administrative backup via Server Settings -> Database Administration/Administrative Backup. 
    Then, go to Server Settings -> Database Administration/Delete Enterprise Objects, select the projects to archive, and then select the radio button "Delete from Draft and Published Databases".

Hope this will help you. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raushan Kumar  | LinkedIn

Sunday, July 28, 2013 2:53 PM