locked
STSADM import fails with "FatalError: Save Conflict Your changes conflict with those made concurrently by another user" RRS feed

  • Question

  • MOSS 2007

    I am importing a relatively large (10 GB) subsite and getting the following error:

    [4/7/2011 9:05:05 AM]: FatalError: Save Conflict

    Your changes conflict with those made concurrently by another user. If you want your changes to be applied, click Back in your Web browser, refresh the page, and resubmit your changes.
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.AddOrUpdateItem(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, Boolean bAdd, Boolean bSystemUpdate, Boolean bPreserveItemVersion, Boolean bUpdateNoVersion, Int32& plID, String& pbstrGuid, Guid pbstrNewDocId, Boolean bHasNewDocId, String bstrVersion, Object& pvarAttachmentNames, Object& pvarAttachmentContents, Object& pvarProperties, Boolean bCheckOut, Boolean bCheckin, Boolean bMigration, Boolean bPublish)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.AddOrUpdateItem(Boolean bAdd, Boolean bSystem, Boolean bPreserveItemVersion, Boolean bNoVersion, Boolean bMigration, Boolean bPublish, Boolean bCheckOut, Boolean bCheckin, Guid newGuidOnAdd, Int32& ulID, Object& objAttachmentNames, Object& objAttachmentContents, Boolean suppressAfterEvents)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.UpdateInternal(Boolean bSystem, Boolean bPreserveItemVersion, Guid newGuidOnAdd, Boolean bMigration, Boolean bPublish, Boolean bNoVersion, Boolean bCheckOut, Boolean bCheckin, Boolean suppressAfterEvents)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.SystemUpdate()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.UpdateAttachmentsData(SPListItem listItem, String attachmentXml, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.SetObjectData(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.ParseObject(Type objectType, Boolean isChildObject)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.DeserializeObject(Type objectType, Boolean isChildObject, DeploymentObject envelope)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ObjectSerializer.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ImportObjectManager.ProcessObject(XmlReader xmlReader)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SPImport.DeserializeObjects()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SPImport.Run()

    It appears to be failing during an import of a list at item 391, which is not the end of the list.  The record itself does not seem to be special in any way.  Has anyone seen this error before?  Thanks,

    -Richard.



    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, April 7, 2011 3:15 PM colon removed; error message put in quotes; MOSS 2007 moved to text as default here so good to know but doesn't need to be in the Title
    • Edited by _Richard_D_ Thursday, April 7, 2011 5:06 PM spelling
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 3:05 PM

All replies

  • Hello Richard,
     
    Thank you for your question.

    I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.
     
    Thank you for your understanding and support.

    Friday, April 8, 2011 6:48 AM
  • Hi Richard,

    While performing the export, did you lockdown the site collection and then perform the export? I understand that this is a subsite and hence you cannot lock it down but if possible, I would recommend locking the site collection to read only and performing the export.

    You can then try to perform an import of this new backup.

     


    Friday, April 8, 2011 1:38 PM
  • No, I did not, but that's a good thing to try...

    I tried on three different subsites, all threw the same error, and what is strange the error happens on the same custom list.  First, it happened at record # 391.  The second and third were around record 290.

    Wierd!  Looking at the records, there is nothing unusual about them...

    -Richard.

    Monday, April 11, 2011 2:33 PM
  • Hello Richard,

     

    Please let us know if the behavior changed after you locked down the site collection  as VikSrini has mentioned above . Also what is the behavior if you try to import on a site collection with a blank site template.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Manas 

     

    Sunday, May 8, 2011 7:51 AM