Trying to combine Word 2007 Files residing in SharePoint into a Master Doc RRS feed

• Question

• I have multiple word files that I'd like to pull into 1 mast word file.  All the files reside in SharePoint.  I've used the Master / Subdocument feature in previous versions of Word but do not see that here.  So I'm trying to do it with inserting linked text or inserting a file linked to the original.

Why am I trying to do this?  This project could wind up with a huge amount of documentation.  In the past when I've created big word files, they become corrupt.  By making smaller files then using the Master / Sub document feature in the past, I've been able to create large documents while avoiding them becoming corrupt.

In addition creating smaller files allows editing / revisions without having to go through a large document to get to what needs to be edited.

I tried linking other word files by inserting as an object, but only the 1st page of that file appears.

I tried inserting text and linking back to the original file, and absolutley nothing happens.

And finally, when I insert text from another file, it changes the font and messes up the margins and tables.  All my files are Ariel font, yet the inserted text become Verdun.

Any advice?

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you posting this thread in the SharePoint forum, as they should have more professional knowledge on this and you may get effective solution timely. For your convenience, I would like to list the SharePoint forum link below:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/sharepoint/

• Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:16 AM
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:40 AM
  • Thanks, I'll do that.  Since I'm using both applications, wasn't sure which forum to post this on.
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 4:53 PM