Source code portal language problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have installed source code portal and it work fine. The problem is that I have some of the part in correct language and some like "IT Announcements, Knowledge Base Articles, Welcome , My Recent Requests, Create Other Request" only in english. The rest of the portal is in what language I choice (norwegian). I have used "PortalSource-New".

Please advice

Jon

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Jon,

I've got the same and opened already a question http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-IE/portals/thread/35907cb3-ca7e-4436-899f-f4c22c68d0da

Please keep me in the loop if you find a solution.

Regards.

Johann

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 10:35 AM
  • Hi

Does anyone have a ide whats the problem. It looks like all webparts are in english, but the rest is in the language the portel user are using.

Thanks

Jon

Friday, March 11, 2011 7:26 AM
  • Hi,

Did you rebuild the solution, or did you just copy files of the new portal from SCSM2010SP1PORTALSOURCERELEASE\NewExamplePortal?

http://www.purgar.net
    Monday, March 14, 2011 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

I followed the documentation provided with the new site.

1. Copy the folders from the previous web site to the new web site (chapter 4.2 from the doc).
    2. Updating Assembly References in the Visual Studio Project, chapter 5, somewhere on another server.
    3. Build my point 2, see above. (chapter 6)
    4. And Copy files as asked in the chapter 6 from my point 3, see above, to the new web site (see point 1 above).

I hope to be clear enough lol...

Thanks

Johann

Monday, March 14, 2011 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

I think the problem is that source *.resx files for other languages than EN are not included in the WebParts source code. So satellite assemblies for WebParts dlls are not generated when you rebuild the solution. However the old ones don’t seem to take effect after new build.

One possible solution would be to make a copy of “WebPartsResources.resx”, rename it to “WebPartsResources.YOURLANG.resx”, translate it, rebuild and copy the dlls accordingly. You would have to do the same for Common and Analyst WebParts.

Another solution is to ask Microsoft to release *.resx source files for all languages.

Monday, March 14, 2011 11:22 AM
  • Hi,

I got the same idea but it seems that it does not work like that. Or I missed something....

Monday, March 14, 2011 2:36 PM
  • Hi,

Which language are we talking about? Did you copy the WebPart assembly and satellite assembly to the server?

Monday, March 14, 2011 2:51 PM
  • Hi,

We need to get the portal in French.

I'm not sure to understand ..."Did you copy the WebPart assembly and satellite assembly to the server?"

I tried to copy the WebParts folder at the root, where we can find the folders Analyst, EndUser and aspnet_client but with the same issue.

And for satellite assembly ? On what are you talking about ? ;o(

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 8:15 AM
  • Hi,

You have to rebuild the whole solution after making changes. Then you have to copy “\End User Portal\bin\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.WebParts.dll” to “\EndUser\Bin” on the server and “\End User Portal\bin\fr\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.WebParts.resources.dll” (should be created if you created WebPartsResources.fr.resx for French language) to “\EndUser\Bin\fr” on the server.

“\End User Portal\bin\fr\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.WebParts.resources.dll” is in fact the satellite assembly containing French translations for “Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.WebParts.dll”.

This procedure is just to translate end user WebParts. You have to do the same for Common and Analyst WebParts.

I hope you got the idea.

Regards!

Thursday, March 17, 2011 11:32 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your explicite answer !

After several tests I still got the same issue.

The folder "fr" under "\End User Portal\bin" is not created.

1. I copied and pasted the file "\PortalSource-New\WebParts\WebPartsResources.resx" to make "\PortalSource-New\WebParts\WebPartsResources.FR.resx" and I made only few modifications for testing.
    2. Rebuild Solution.
    3. Moved the six updated files (3 dll and 3 pdb) under "\End User Portal\bin" to "\EndUser\Bin".
    4. However under "\End User Portal\bin" it didn't create the folder FR with the resx file...

Any idea ?

Regards

Thursday, March 17, 2011 1:20 PM
  • Hi,

Select the WebPartsResources.FR.resx file in Visual Studio and in properties window check if "Build action" is set to "Embedded Resource"? It should be if you copy and paste the file within Visual Studio not with Windows Explorer.

Regards.

• Proposed as answer by PJohann Friday, March 18, 2011 8:16 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 1:47 PM
  • It works fine !!!!

In fact it was lack of my knowledge with Visual...

I had to "Show All Files", select my file and "Inculde In Project"

Many Many thanks for your help !!!!!!!

Regards.

Johann

Friday, March 18, 2011 8:16 AM
  • Hi,

We have used the same solution as HuguesDePayne, to make a copy of the WebpartsResources.resx, translate, rebuild and copy the files to the server. It seems a bit messy though, anyone knows if the resx-files are or will be translated or if there is any other way to do this?

Kind Regards,

Ezequiel Osorio

E.O
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:48 PM
  • Seems like the useridentification webpart that shows the information about the user (in the top right corner) must be changed in the commonresources.resx file and not the webpartresources.resx (and then copy the updated assembly files).
    E.O
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:47 PM