Computer Restore Point in WIN PE 7 (rstrui.exe) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to do the equivalent of "rstrui.exe /OFFLINE:C:\Windows" while in Win PE 7 ...

rstrui.exe /OFFLINE:C:\Windows works fine and displays the restore point but i need to accomplish the same operation using WMI if possible?

Harv

• Edited by hlawton Tuesday, May 31, 2016 3:08 PM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 3:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm trying to do the equivalent of "rstrui.exe /OFFLINE:C:\Windows" while in Win PE 7 ...

rstrui.exe /OFFLINE:C:\Windows works fine and displays the restore point but i need to accomplish the same operation using WMI if possible?

Harv

You cannot manage the offline system with WMI.  It is offline.  It is just an image. There is no WMI service.  This is why you have to use the utilities.

Again - you need to post deployment issues in the deployment forum. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/home?forum=mdt

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by Bill_Stewart Tuesday, July 5, 2016 3:25 PM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 3:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Harv

You cannot manage the offline system with WMI.  It is offline.  It is just an image. There is no WMI service.  This is why you have to use the utilities.

Again - you need to post deployment issues in the deployment forum. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/home?forum=mdt

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by Bill_Stewart Tuesday, July 5, 2016 3:25 PM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 3:22 PM
  • Thanks again,

bit confusing with forums ... dont use them much ...

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 3:53 PM
  • Thanks again,

bit confusing with forums ... dont use them much ...

Not a problem.  It is usually best to target the most specific forum even when trying to write a script.  Once you understand the system and how it works you can better formulate a scripting question.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 4:00 PM