SNOM telephone always ring 1-2 seconds before the MOC client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Did someone else observer the problem below?

An Enterprise Voice user is configured to have 2 telephones devices at the same time:

1. An USB phone connected to the client PC running Communicator (Catalina, CX300 or USB headset)

2. A SNOM compatible OCS telephone (820 or 320)

When a call is received by this user, the SNOM always ring between 1 and 2 seconds BEFORE the computer telephone device (Catalina, CX300, USB headset).

- This problem is observed already on 3 different sites and I don't can't find a clear explanation.

- Strange enough because I used to configure some Dual Forking with RCC systems and the PBX phone and the computer device always ring simultaneously. No so big delat (yeah, 2 seconds are quite an important delay).

Any feedback?

Thanks.

Friday, April 23, 2010 1:40 PM

All replies

• The SNOM devices have not passed the optimized for OCS program so it is hard to say where the issue may lie. Have you tried an approved handset like the CX700 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ocs/bb970310.aspx if this works then the issue is with the SNOM device.
    Chris Clark - | MCTS:OCS | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA
    Friday, April 23, 2010 8:39 PM
  • Hi Chris,

The problem is not about the SNOM. The problem I try to highlight is that the SNOM and the Communicator are both configured for the same user and when a call is received then it is always the SNOM telephone that ring first and BEFORE the Communicator. It seems that the Communicator takes more time to take the call. It is my concern! Why a not certified device seems to be "better" than a Microsoft device? 

Quang.

Friday, April 23, 2010 10:00 PM
  • The fact the SNOM device doesn't ring with the Communicator doesn't make it a better device, in fact as you have a problem with this shows it might be causing a problem.

However to narrow it down, the Communicator Client speed of ringing will be dependent on the pc you are running it on. When does the toast appear on the pc with the usb device or the SNOM.  Do you have sufficient memory on the PC, is it a virtualized client, do you have power saving turned on for the USB connection.

Chris Clark - | MCTS:OCS | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA
    Saturday, April 24, 2010 9:00 AM